Pro updates not working
If you are having trouble updating the Max Mega Menu Pro plugin it usually means your license has not been activated on the domain you are trying to update.
Update Failed: Unauthorized
If you have developed the site locally and then moved the site to a different domain, you will need to revalidate your license against the new domain. This also applies if you have changed your site URL since you activated the licence.
To check which site(s) you have activated:
- Log in to your client area
- Click “View Licenses”
- Click “Manage Sites”
- If you have run out of licence activations then you can free some up by deactivating any sites that are no longer being used. Alternatively you can upgrade your licence using the “View Upgrades” option.
Next, log into the WordPress site you are trying to update and go to Mega Menu > License to reactivate the license on your new domain. Once the license has been activated against your new domain the updates should start working.
All connections to our website pass through the Sucuri firewall. To make a secure connection to our server, your server needs to run up to date versions of SSL and CURL. If your server is running out of date versions of SSL or CURL then the update will fail.
Please install the TLS 1.2 Compatibility Test plugin to check if your server meets the SSL and CURL requirements. If it doesn’t, the plugin will advise you on how to fix it.
How to manually update Max Mega Menu Pro
You will always be able to download the latest version of Max Mega Menu Pro from your client area.
- Download the latest zip file from your client area
- Login to your WordPress site and go to the Plugins page
- Deactivate and delete Max Mega Menu Pro (you will not lose your settings)
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and select the zip file from step 1.
If you are still have problems updating the plugin please submit a support ticket and we’ll take a look.